Friday 20 January 2017

Beautiful You

Morning,

 Sorry I'm a little later than usual posting this morning but I had a new class yesterday and by the time I got home it was too dark to take a photo - can't wait for the lighter nights again ! It wasn't even much lighter this morning ...


This card uses the paper piecing technique but I made the patterned paper for the clothes  and umbrella by just stamping on plain card - about the closest I'm ever going to get to making clothes !  Stampin' Up! do some lovely papers  but sometimes the colours aren't what I need so I love that I can use my stamps to make paper in any colour combination I want.



The background was stamped repeatedly with the large flower image from the Avant Garden stamp set and then sponged. This set is really versatile and even better it's free with an order of £45 or more. I have used it lots already.

For those that like the colour combinations I have used Sweet Sugarplum, Blushing Bride, Tip Top Taupe , Soft Sky and Very Vanilla.

Thank you to the lovely new ladies that came to class today, hope you enjoyed it !

Julie x


No comments:

Post a Comment